Activated vitamins are in a form that is readily available to be utilised by the body as a substrate in biochemical reactions immediately following ingestion. This means that they do not have to be broken down and manufactured by the body into a usable form as is the case with the inactive vitamins. This is beneficial if there is a problem with the process of digestion or if some enzymatic functions are lacking in some way.
Activated vitamins are important co-factors in many body processes and they are also great for kids or older patients.
Vitamin B5-Pantothenic Acid is an essential component of various enzymatic reactions in the body, contributing to the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
Metabolics products are manufactured under strict guidelines of GMP and HACCP certification and are ISO:9001and ISO:14001 accredited. Registered with US Food and Drug Administration but not TGA approved. GMP = Good Manufacturing Practices
Action of Product:
- Hormone Synthesis: Vitamin B5 is involved in the synthesis of stress hormones, sex hormones, and neurotransmitters.
- Stress Management: Vitamin B5 supports the adrenal glands and helps the body cope with stress more effectively. Can support treatment of alcoholism, anorexia and insomnia.
- Cognitive Function Support: Vitamin B5 can improve cognitive abilities, memory, concentration, psychosis, panic attacks and age-related cognitive decline.
- Immune System Support: Vitamin B5 is involved in antibody production and helps to defend against infections and illnesses.
- Cardiovascular Health: Vitamin B5 aids in maintaining healthy cholesterol and triglyceride levels, and raises CoQ10, supports blood pressure normalisation.
- Energy Metabolism: Vitamin B5 supports the mitochondria, promoting overall energy production in the body.
- Hair dryness hair loss and skin conditions: B5 can support treatment of acne vulgaris, eczema, wound healing, age spots, wrinkles and premature grey hair.
- Liver support: detoxification of benzoic acid.
Characteristic of B5 deficiency: burning feet syndrome and heel tenderness
Storage (if applicable):
Store at room temperature below 25o C. Refrigerate after opening. Consume within 3 months of opening.
Pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5), Purified Water, Calcium Pantothenate.
Vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, nut free, preservative free, dairy free, alcohol free, without binders, fillers and flowing agents.
250 ml, 500 ml, 500ml 04/24 Expiry (end of month), 500ml 10/23 Expiry (end of month)
For extemporaneous dispensing in a clinical setting as directed by a health care practitioner. Due to the high bioavailability of the product, the dosages are more conservative than non-activated supplements.
Adult: 10mg = 1 serving = 15 drops, 105 servings per 100ml
Children (6-12yrs): 4.8mg = 1 serving = 7 drops
Children (2-6yrs): 3.5mg = 1 serving = 5 drops
Children (0-2yrs): 2mg= 1 serving = 3 drops
Empty 50ml, 25ml and 15ml dropper bottles can be purchased from PHS.
While Vitamin B5-Pantothenic Acid, is generally safe for most people when taken in recommended doses, there are a few cautions and contraindications to be aware of:
Allergic Reactions: Some individuals may be allergic to Vitamin B5 supplements. If you experience symptoms such as rash, itching, swelling, or difficulty breathing, discontinue use and seek medical attention.
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: Pregnant or breastfeeding women should consult with their healthcare provider before taking high-dose Vitamin B5 supplements, as safety data is limited in these populations.
Gastrointestinal Upset: High doses of Vitamin B5 can occasionally cause gastrointestinal symptoms such as diarrhea or upset stomach. It is recommended to start with lower doses and gradually increase to avoid these side effects.
Medical Conditions: Individuals with certain medical conditions, such as kidney disease or hemophilia, should exercise caution when taking Vitamin B5 supplements.