Activated vitamins are in a form that is readily available to be utilised by the body as a substrate in biochemical reactions immediately following ingestion. This means that they do not have to be broken down and manufactured by the body into a usable form as is the case with the inactive vitamins. This is beneficial if there is a problem with the process of digestion or if some enzymatic functions are lacking in some way.
Activated vitamins are important co-factors in many body processes and they are also great for kids or older patients.
Dimethylglycine (DMG) is a methyl donor, providing essential methyl groups that are involved in numerous biochemical processes in the body. It decreases as we age, or are under stress or experiencing disease. Contains DMG Hydrochloride (HCl)
Action of product:
- Neurological issues: DMG supports conditions such as ADHD, epilepsy, chronic fatigue syndrome, allergies, respiratory, cancer, drug addiction, speech, behaviour, pain, inflammation and swelling.
- Synthesis of vital nutrients: hormones, neurotransmitters, vitamins and antibodies.
- Sleep: improves sleep quality and NREM sleep and sleep disorders. Decreases poor sleep-fatigue next day, decreases wakefulness in dark periods.
- Methylation and the expression of genes: MTHFR defects are supported by DMG supplementation.
- Boosts Immune System: DMG helps strengthen the immune system.
- Supports Cognitive Function: DMG contributes to cognitive health, supporting mental clarity, focus, and memory.
- Aids in Stress Management: DMG may assist in reducing stress and promoting a sense of calm and well-being.
- Supports Liver Function: DMG aids in supporting optimal liver function and detoxification processes.
- Enhances Energy Production: DMG supports the production of cellular energy, leading to increased vitality and stamina.
- Promotes Oxygen Utilization: DMG facilitates the efficient utilization of oxygen by cells, supporting overall vitality.
- Cardiovascular: DMG can be used to lower blood cholesterol and triglycerides, to bring blood pressure and blood sugar back into normal range.
- Antioxidant Support: DMG acts as an antioxidant, helping to protect cells from oxidative stress and promoting healthy aging.
Storage (if applicable):
Store in a refrigerator out of reach of children. Consume within 3 months of opening.
Contents, including excipients:
Purified Water, Dimethylglycine HCl.
Vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, nut free, preservative free, dairy free, alcohol free, without binders, fillers and flowing agents.
100 ml, 100ml 11/23 Expiry (end of month)
For extemporaneous dispensing in a clinical setting as directed by a health care practitioner.
Adult: 96mg = 1 serving = 10 drops, 137 servings per 100ml
Children (6-12yrs): 48mg = 1 serving = 5 drops
Children (2-6yrs): 29mg = 1 serving = 3 drops
Children (0-2yrs): 10mg = 1 serving = 1 drop
Empty 50ml, 25ml and 15ml dropper bottles can be purchased from PHS.
|Cautions/Contraindications (if applicable)
While Dimethylglycine (DMG) is generally considered safe for most individuals when used appropriately, there are a few cautions and contraindications to be aware of:
Allergic Reactions: Some individuals may be allergic to DMG or its related compounds. If you have a known allergy to DMG or experience any signs of an allergic reaction such as rash, itching, swelling, or difficulty breathing, discontinue use and seek medical attention.
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: There is limited research on the safety of DMG during pregnancy and breastfeeding. It is advisable to consult with a healthcare professional before using DMG in these circumstances to evaluate the potential risks and benefits.
Bleeding Disorders: DMG may have mild anticoagulant effects, meaning it can slightly thin the blood. If you have a bleeding disorder or are taking blood-thinning medications, it is recommended to exercise caution and consult with a healthcare professional before using DMG to avoid potential interactions or complications.
Kidney or Liver Dysfunction: Individuals with impaired kidney or liver function should exercise caution when using DMG, as there is limited research on its safety and efficacy in these conditions. Consulting with a healthcare professional is advisable to determine the appropriate dosage and monitor any potential effects.
Interactions with Medications: DMG may interact with certain medications, such as anticonvulsants, anticoagulants, and blood pressure medications.